Alex,

This was a topic at last week's AASLH conference in St. Paul. Dr. Jeanne Kilde at the University of Minnesota spoke to the joint luncheon of the historic house museum committee and the religious history committee.  There was a session presented by Barbara Franco from the Gettysburg Seminary Ridge Museum and others called Talking about Religion in History Museums. You might chat with some of them.

At our site we talk about the fact that the man we interpret here was a deist and had an ongoing war in print with the Catholic Church.

Best of luck,

--
Michelle Zupan
Curator

Visit us at www.hickory-hill.org or on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter: HHEducation

Historic homes of the Watson-Brown Foundation, Inc