If she’s are already working in a museum (even part time), I would recommend the University of Leicester (UK) distance program, but it’s not really for someone who wants to join the field - rather for those already in it.

I will offer this caveat and I would be irresponsible if I didn’t.  There is now a proliferation of Museum Studies programs being pushed by various universities.  There are limited museum jobs that are available.  Have her do the research on the job market before entering a full-time graduate program.  Don’t make the mistake that the librarians and archivists have made by trying to enter a field that is already over-crowded.  They are facing a field where there are dozens (if not hundreds) of applicants for each full-time job.  That said, if she’s still game – it’s a great career!

Greg

Gregory A. Jackson, CA

Archives & Special Collections

Bryn Athyn Historic Landmark District