Rhonda,

For what I do, being familiar with the archaeology of the region where I
work is very important. It probably wouldn't hurt for you to take at least
an introductory course in archaeology, especially since you want to work in
state parks or in the National Park Service.

Hope this helps.

Martha Katz-Hyman
Curator
Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation