Hello Bev,
I run the MA in Exhibition Design program that was at the Corcoran College
of Art + Design until this Summer when we merged with GWU. The program is
now part of the George Washington University's Corcoran School of the Arts
and Design and we are going strong!

I agree with everyone who has already replied that there are a lot of
options out there and that doing research into the various programs is
essential. Because of the proliferation of graduate programs related to
museums it would be important for your daughter to do some self-assessment
to think about where she wants to be (both intellectually and
geographically) after graduate school.

If your daughter has any inclination towards the experiential aspects of
museums as narrative built environments she might want to consider
Exhibition Design as a more specific program.  In the Corcoran program we
focus on Museum Theory as a starting point, but we add in Design Theory
(architectural, spatial, design-thinking, social design, sustainable
design, graphic design) and we provide training in all the technical skills
and software needed to be a proficient technical designer. Our students
intern at museums and design firms in the Washington DC area as well as at
technology companies and with a broad range of other design-related
initiatives.

A few other Exhibition Design programs to consider are University of the
Arts MFA in Exhibition Design & Planning, and the FIT program in Exhibition
Design.

Best of luck to your daughter! Don't hesitate to contact me if you have
additional questions.
Kind regards,
Clare

*Clare Brown*
Program Head, Master of Arts in Exhibition Design
Assistant Professor of Design

CORCORAN SCHOOL OF THE ARTS + DESIGN
at The George Washington University
1801 35th St. NW