Dear colleagues,

I am not intending to insult anybody (mayby except forgers of disabilities)

I can accept that some of you don't not like my proposal of a disability card while accepting special car plates for disabled and special parking cards for priviledge parking - I think they would make public life easier, also the work at front museum desks. Disabled are using them in public transport and museums very often and freely here. It's in my eyes a useful tool and I am shure that it's being used day by day also in Angela' s museum. By the way, in this particular matter, there are only personal opinions. Actually, we do not have the Rochester problem here, therefore there is no official statements by German museums, of course. We treat disabled as equal citizens as anywhere in the civilized word, there is no need to raise walls against each other. With regard to the disabled, I agree with any measure taken by German museums based on equal rights, even if Angela has just attacked me quite unprofessionally with the contrary.

Up to now, in my eyes no final answers were given to the OP from Rochester. Are the numbers growing everywhere or not? If the numbers are growing in fact everywhere: What is the reason? I am interested in solutions because I am intending to publish this interesting discussion because it throws a light how different legal systems would handle a the problem of the OP. As all personal injuries will be deleted, I ask once more to calm down and get back to a a satisfying answer.

As I dare to have an opinion as a guest in your list,  I am very interested which of my statements caused misunderstandings. I don't need misunderstandings.....
So, why did I spoke about "privileges" for disabled? Because, f.e. a parking lot at front door reserved for disabled is a privilege. Even someone with a sudden backspine attack should not use it. So why not call  a privilege a privilege? The world is full with privileges. :-)

Christian