Hello!

I might suggest moving to a quarterly platform that has you mailing less often but allows you to send out to only those who expire in next few month, versus a whole year.  If you have email for your members, we have found that email is great way to reach people for renewal reminders without the added cost of direct mail. Using programs such as Constant Contact to make simple templates that look great.

From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Samantha Smith
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Membership

Hello all,

I am the director of a small historic home and we are currently looking to change how we handle our membership reminders. As it stands, we send out a membership renewal monthly to the people who's membership was bought that month. However, we previously had sent out one bulk mailing at the beginning of the year for all of our members. We are looking to possibly switch back to our original way of one mailing a year. Has anyone made this switch before and do you have any advice on how to make the switch when dealing with people who would have just paid their membership a few months before?

Thank you,

Sammy Kay

--

Samantha Kay Smith