We do not have anything like an ID card in the US for disabilities. People do not have to prove they are disabled.

We also cannot judge dogs by breed since there are many uses for dogs, including small ones that are carried. Dogs are often used for PTSD or anxiety disorders. Small dogs can also be trained to smell for changes in glucose levels for diabetics.

From what I have read, if a dog is misbehaving badly there is an allowance in the ADA that they can be asked to leave. Of course real, trained dogs will probably not misbehave.