As a diabetic, I must point out that a cola WOULD be a recommended treatment for hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar.  In fact the link you provide lists non-diet soda as a medically recommended response to a low.  Like juice, a non-diet soda would be rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream and quickly rectify a hypoglycemic episode.  Low blood sugar can have serious consequences, including loss of consciousness, coma, and death, and at times it can develop very rapidly.

In short, the visitor's concerns COULD be legitimate, which is why it really is important to give the benefit of the doubt rather than assume deceitful intent (though sometimes I'm sure there are those who take advantage).  Keep in mind as well the potential public relations and legal implications if someone really does experience a medical emergency and staff responds to the visitor as a trouble-maker rather than a person in trouble.  Also keep in mind that the symptoms of severe hypoglycemia may be mistaken for intoxication.  The link you provided lists them as:

Symptoms are:
  • Weakness
  • Feeling tired
  • Shaking
  • Sweating
  • Headache
  • Hunger
  • Feeling nervous or anxious
  • Feeling cranky
  • Trouble thinking clearly
  • Double or blurry vision
  • Feeling uneasy
  • Fast or pounding heartbeat

Needless to say, this could be even more reason for a staffer to react to the visitor as a behavior problem rather than a medical one.

I do feel that a "no open containers in tour areas" is a completely reasonable condition to require of all visitors, even those who claim medical need.