Good Afternoon-

The Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History is current recruiting new school program volunteers for Q?rius.

Q?rius is a new way for teens and tweens – and their families and educators – to connect science with everyday experiences. With a name chosen to inspire curiosity and the excitement of discovery, Q?rius is a first-of-its-kind interactive and experimental learning space that brings the unique assets of the Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History – the science, researchers, and collections – out from behind the scenes. Visitors are invited to be an active and contributing part of this dynamic and engaging community.

We are currently looking for individuals to join our dedicated school program volunteer team that supports and encourages student exploration during fun, interactive, and inquiry based 60-minute programs for middle and high school students. Led by a Museum Educator, our school programs cover topics like geology, anthropology, biodiversity, forensics, and collections.

TO APPLY:

Online applications and additional information may be found at: http://qrius.si.edu/qrius-volunteer-opportunities-smithsonian-dc

For more information, please contact Nicole Webster at [log in to unmask] or 202-633-1078.

Elio Cruz

Youth Programs Coordinator

Smithsonian Institution

National Museum of Natural History