Our organization is hoping to move from a clunky Filemaker Pro database to an online option, and our tech consultants have recommended either Nutshell or Highrise. I'd like to get some advice from other organizations with similar needs to learn what you have that works. We have approximately 6,000 records in our database, including approximately 800 active members, several hundred donors, board members, volunteers, visitors, exhibiting artists, class participants, etc. The database will need to be used for development/fundraising purposes, membership management, and, ideally, general contact management work. I've used Donor Perfect in the past and have liked it, but I'm not familiar with the new online options. Any suggestions? Personally, I feel more comfortable with databases that are designed with the needs of mid-size nonprofits like us in mind, but perhaps that's unnecessarily limiting our options. We don't have in-house staff tech support, and so easier is better. Any recommendations -- or experiences with Nutshell or Highrise -- would be very helpful as we move forward.

Thanks,

Cedar Phillips

Textile Center
3000 University Avenue SE