Hi all,

We have ten historic houses here at our site and have carpet runners down in all high traffic areas in the hopes of keeping visitors from tracking in the outside world onto the original wood floors.  As of now, they are kept in place with duct tape (I know, I know....) and I'm very concerned about the damage being done to the floors.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else to use in place of the duct tape to keep these runners in place?  I would ideally love to completely eliminate the carpet runners altogether but I'm just wondering how other historic house museums have tackled this problem and the success rate of any other alternatives.  Any advice would be most appreciated!  If necessary, feel free to contact me off list at [log in to unmask].  Thanks!

--
Kayla Shypski
Curator of Collections

**Please note that due to a wet line near the museum, we are experience minor phone difficulties. If you are trying to contact us, or a member of our staff, please call 716-689-1440 ext. 7777, or dial "0", during our regular hours of operation to speak with our receptionist. We do apologize for any inconvenience. We appreciate your patience as we work with our provider to quickly solve the problem.

Thank you!**