Jan,

isn't there in the US an official proof for disability like an ID card?
We have this here in Germany, also special parking cards for disabled
drivers. Disabled always have to prove their disability when claiming
certain civil rights and they like to do this! The discussion make me
think that that with such a prove of disability the whole question would
not be raised. Our special ID cards just mention the degree of
disability, not a disease.

It is not forbidden to produce, sell or buy a fake dog harness saying "I
am a guide dog" in the western world. Of course, it's fun to have one
for a Chihuahua. But the real guide dogs behave extremly decent and
intelligent. A blind person would also take care that his friends had
made his business before entering a museum. Museum personel can be
trained to recognize a real guide dog from a fake guide dog quite
easily. As not any dog breed can be made a guide dog, it would not be
that difficult.

We shall quote this discussion in the next issue of EXPOTIME!.

Christian

Do not miss the newest issue of EXPOTIME! Reading is free:
http://www.museum-aktuell.de/expoTime/eTime/ExpoTime!-2014-09/index.html