The Manassas Museum in Manassas, Virginia has recently completed an inventory of their holdings of large objects in one of our off-site storage facilities.  The goal was to look at those objects that were duplicated in the collection and determine how many of these duplicate pieces we wanted to keep.  Those objects deemed to be unnecessary duplication were formally deaccessioned by our Board of Directors this past week.  Before turning these objects over to the City of Manassas for sale as part of their surplus process, the staff was asked to query other museums about their interest in acquiring these pieces for their collections.  Objects will be donated outright, but the new owner must arrange for pick up and/or shipping at their expense.  This is a time sensitive issue and all objects must be out of our storage facility by September 19 - or at the very least a commitment must be made to get them by the end of the month.  The objects are generally farming and household pieces, a large telephone switchboard and other misc. objects.  The full list is available to any interested party by contacting the Museum Curator, Mary Dellinger at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Mary Helen Dellinger, Curator
Manassas Museum
9101 Prince William Street
Manassas, VA 20110

Please "like" us at the City's Facebook page to hear the latest news and events!
 City of Manassas Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=509276472472269&id=382140808519170&notif_t=notify_me>