It would be a good idea to check with the medical examiner or coroner in the jurisdiction where the skull cap is located. Very likely, they will say that they have no interest, but it is the appropriate step. After that, you might offer it to a medical school, or a college biology or anthropology dept.

Taking it to the backyard and burying it is not a good idea…sometime in the future, someone else will find it and wonder why its there.

Bp

Robert B. Pickering, PhD

Director of Curatorial Affairs & Public Programs, Gilcrease Museum;

Director, Museum Science and Management, University of Tulsa;

Professor of Anthropology, University of Tulsa

1400 N. Gilcrease Museum Rd

Tulsa, OK  74127

(918) 596-2706 Office

(918) 596-2770 Fax