The Museum Association of New York recently consolidated with Museumwise, a similar umbrella group in the NYS. I would encourage you to contact the MANY office about the experience. I served (and still serve) on the board of that organization. It was a long process and ultimately successful. However, there were some bumps in the road. Far too much for a listserv post.  You can also contact AAM for the audio of the session we did at the Baltimore conference in 2013. Additionally, there is a forthcoming Masters thesis on the process which should be available later this summer.

Good Luck!

Erin Richardson

Sent from my iPhone