Robin,

I wrote a short blog article on this for the Alaska State Museum Bulletin #57 two years ago. Go to this link and scroll down to Bulletin #57, October 2012.

http://museums.alaska.gov/bulletin/bulletin.html

It has also been a topic here on museum-L a few times, so do a search of the archives.

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Senior Conservator & Museum Consultant