Good Morning!
My Intern came to me with a question that I was unsure of. She asked me about the pros and cons of getting a Masters Degree in museum studies or public history vs getting a certificate in public history through a 1 semester course after completing a Bachelors Degree.

I told her that I was unfamiliar with the 1 semester program but I told her that as an employer that it would serve her much better in the long run to have a Masters Degree.

The issue about a Masters Degree is the money and amount of student loans needed for a full program. So there is a consideration for the 1 semester program from the financial side.

However since I am unfamiliar with the 1 semester programs I don't want to give her any wrong information. So if anyone could send me some information that I can share with her, that would be wonderful!

Thanks!
Megan Griffin
Curator of Education
Great Smoky Mountains Heritage Center