Kayla,

They could set up a trust to transfer the home to that would set conditions
for it's preservation and use. This would have to be done while they are
living so as to avoid the house being part of probate.

Deed restrictions can be broken in court as can stipulations in wills. They
may be better off getting the home and property declared an historic
easement by the state historic preservation office, which would stick no
matter who owns the home after they pass on.

Unless they donate or transfer the house to your museum officially you
should not be obligated to monitor and enforce deed restrictions on a house
that belongs to someone else.

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey