Welcome back to GLOBAL MUSEUM, your award-winning & free online compendium, read weekly by 8,000 readers in more than 201 countries.

***   " I love Global Museum! I pull stories for my weekly email to our docents and they enjoy them too. My colleagues even asked to know where I found them because the stories are so interesting. " - User Feedback   ***

**  Master-forger Han van Meegeren’s death mask bought as reminder that the best museums can be fooled

Van Meegeren’s was the most scandalous and most famous forgery case in the 20th century, making several Vermeer fakes and selling them to the most prominent museums and collectors of the time

**  Chinese museum closed down over 'fake' exhibits

Police shut down Lucheng museum in Liaoning after finding a third of 8,000 items on display are not genuine, report says

**  International Civil Rights Museum pays tribute to Dr. Maya Angelou

The International Civil Rights Center and Museum would not be complete without words from Dr. Maya Angelou

ARE YOU ONE OF THE 2,930?

Now on the LinkedIn Platform - Join the Global Museum Social Network - Meet& Make Friends, Share Photos & Videos, Blog, Use the Forum, Join A Group.

Become one of our first 3000 members.  Join Today at http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Globalmuseum-3968927

**  Excavation of a Viking-age Cemetery at Cumwhitton

Little did Peter Adams know, when he pulled a metal object from the ground in 2004, that he had made one of the most exciting discoveries in Viking-age archaeology in England for many years

**  The Museum of Beautiful People

It turns out, looking at beautiful people isn’t so easy in a society where objectification is a dirty word and people are trained to avoid eye contact

**  Space museum ready for new Titusville location

Spacesuits, launch consoles, photos and complete pre-construction models of shuttle processing facilities and launch pads are some of the items now displayed in a building three times the size of the old site

**  Brussels Jewish Museum killings: Suspect 'admitted attack'

A Frenchman being held over a fatal shooting at the Jewish Museum in Brussels has admitted the killings in a video

Follow Us On Twitter - http://twitter.com/globalmuseum

113K Museum News Tweets from around the Globe, 3,891 Followers worldwide and growing fast

**  More than 400,000 pieces from the Metropolitan Museum of Art are available for download online

Scarcely two weeks has passed since we celebrated the partial digitization of the Museum of Natural History’s jaw-dropping collection, and already another museum is liberalizing its own policies online

**  International conference “Museum and Politics”

The plenary session of the conference will be held in the recently renewed General Staff Building of the State Hermitage Museum, which celebrated its 250th anniversary in 2014

**  The 'world's craziest, beautiful cars'

Even if automobiles aren't your thing, the Firebird's bizarre wings and bubble cockpit are worth a peek and it's among 17 "concept cars" on exhibit at Atlanta, Georgia's High Museum of Art.

**  Museum launches tree identification app

A free app for iPhone created by the Museum, using technology similar to facial recognition software, enables users to take a simple photo of a leaf and have it matched to a database of 156 tree species

Become a Facebook Follower -  Join 1,760 of  us who Like Global Museum on Facebook  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-Museum/129179522574?

**  Mackintosh drawings saved after huge blaze at Glasgow School of Art

Precious artwork and artefacts locked in a vault at the Glasgow School of Art survived the massive blaze that ripped through the historic building

**  Curator Finds Murphy Bed's Place in American History

The Murphy Bed was born of necessity—the inventor had a driving desire to hide his bed, so he could entertain his lady

**  Top 10 regional museums in England

The UK has some of the world's greatest museums; we look beyond the well-known national collections to select 10 gems from around England.

**  A Glimpse of Old Hong Kong

“A Glimpse of Old Hong Kong” mobile application.

Pin Us on Pinterest. Global Museum's Pinterest Boards - Enjoy!

986 Pins, 234 Followers http://pinterest.com/globalmuseum/museums/

**  A Marine Magician’s Vanishing Act

Imagine walking down a crowded sidewalk if light went straight through your body: you would be lucky to escape with minor bruises

**  Controversial Cheese Plate Removed From The 9/11 Memorial Museum Gift Shop

In addition to stuffed dogs dressed in rescue vests and ornaments moulded from a leaf of the memorial tree, the gift shop had also offered a cheese plate in the shape of the continental U.S.

**  Rare dodo skeleton, Darwin plant samples and Muggletonian sect prints go on show at the Fitzwilliam

Discoveries: Art, Science and Exploration from the University of Cambridge Museums, is the first exhibition drawing together the University’s unique, world-class collections under one roof

Add Us To Your Google+ Circles – 21,667 in Circles, 1,482 in Community so far - https://plus.google.com/109387399901726606466

**  Welcome to the Museum of Water, awash with spit and tears and snowballs

From toothpaste spit to tragic rain and evaporated grief, Amy Sharrocks' new museum in the damp basement of London's Somerset House has bottled the whole of human life.

**  Archaeologists crunch data from cod bones

Archaeologists crunching data from an analysis of fish bones uncovered in London say the UK's global fish trade has its origins in the medieval period

All this and more for you at Global Museum - See the latest museum JOBS, PINTEREST PINS, BOOKSHOP, RESOURCES, HOT JOB TIPS, great people posting their RESUMES, SOCIAL MEDIA, the GM LinkedIn Network, Museum Accredited Courses – New Site, New Opportunities!  http://www.globalmuseum.org.