Hello,

     The Presidio Trust is opening a new museum this September in the Officers' Club here at the Presidio.   We are dedicating a temporary exhibit space to a photographer named Clarence Tucker Beckett who took thousands of pictures during his time in the army, including time spent at the Presidio, Alaska, Texas and Mexico.  Many of these pictures were printed as postcards and sold to soldiers and the public.  The Beckett collection is held at the Sutro Library in San Francisco, with a small collection also held at NARA. We are reaching out to the Museum-L community to inquire if anyone has a collection of cameras that might include a 1912 model 3-A Special Kodak with tripod and/or a 6.5 x. 8.5, cycle Graflex camera from the same period.  We are also hoping someone might know about a collection of Beckett's postcards which are actually embossed with circular logo with the words: "Beckett/Photo" and "USA" stamped it the middle.  The postcards might depict photos taken during the Mexican Punitive Expedition or images from Fort Gibbon and other outposts in Alaska.

Thank you for any information you might have to offer regarding either the cameras or Beckett's postcards.

Sincerely,

Rosemary

Rosemary Healy
415-561-4251