Hi, Cathy. The Science Museum of Minnesota has a huge tree cookie, so they might have some advice. You could also try the Laboratory of Tree-Ring Research at the University of Arizona. My brother took a college class that referenced that lab's research, and he said it was pretty fascinating.

Good luck!
-Crystal