Mia-

This really depends on the type of collections you will have in the museum as well as in a collections storage area. If the architects are not familiar with museum requirements it would be an excellent idea to hire a conservator to consult on the project, especially during the program stage. There are other essential things to consider in the architecture and engineering of a museum beyond HVAC. Having been very heavily involved in the planning and review of a collections and conservation facility at a major museum as well as well over a decade of dealing with issues in everything from historic houses to museums I cannot stress how important it is to get expert advice and get it right when you can, before drawings and engineering requirements are final.

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Senior Conservator and Museum Consultant
Los Angeles CA
www.cityofangelsconservation.weebly.com