I am the curator at a small history museum that is planning a major summer exhibit. In order for me to adequately display the huge amount of objects that were loaned from the community, I need more exhibit cases and mannequins than I currently have, and no budget to purchase new ones.
I reached out to local institutions about the possibility of borrowing some for the duration of the exhibit, and am picking up some mannequins today that are graciously being loaned to me. We will use a standard loan agreement.

I see no problem with lending out exhibit cases, treat them like any other object. In return, the borrowing institution should treat them with special care as they would with anything that does not belong to them.

--
Kirsten Wise
Curator