Christina,

What collections database software do you use? A number of them either have an object condition report template or allow you to create and link one with your catalogue files. Since you will be taking the time to do condition reports during your move it would be good to have them linked with your catalogue records for the objects so the information is in the same place. As a conservator I have always been overjoyed when previous condition and conservation treatment records were part of the portfolio in the objects catalogue database. It can be very helpful in knowing the history of the object over the years.

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Senior Conservator & Museum Consultant