From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sarah Burroughs
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2014 11:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Discovery Box/Traveling Trunk Fee Question

I’m just starting to look at devising traveling trunks for our own museum. Here we are not able to send out staff or volunteers for programs due to scheduling concerns. We are in NYC so we could start with the drop-off/pick-up method, but ideally we’d like to make small trunks that could be shipped, as we’re trying to expand our Distance Learning programming nationally.

Does anyone have experience with the logistics of mailing traveling trunks? Most of our artifacts are not easily breakable (plush or paper) so the collections are less of an issue than cost/management of such a program.

Sarah Burroughs
Education and Curatorial Coordinator
9/11 Tribute Center
22 Cortlandt Street, Suite 801