Hi Lissa,
Thanks very much for your detailed response!
All donated items are donated to the museum itself and accessioned by the relevant curator (History, Geology, Paleontology, and Anthropology being the 4 departments here). There is a part-time registrar on staff but I think she just handles paperwork, while the actual accession process goes through the curator in question. The collections/artifact values are not included in budget conversations as line items. This particular museum is a county museum, which adds another layer of difficulty regarding monetary donations. All monetary donations and fundraising activities happen through the museum association, a separate non-profit which is managed by non-county employees but housed on-site at the museum. This association runs all memberships as well. The museum itself uses PastPerfect for collections management, but I don't know how much access the association has to those files. I know PastPerfect has a donor/development feature but I haven't used it personally. I've heard of Raiser's Edge but have no familiarity with it. Great tips about the differences between eTapestry and Sales Force, thanks very much!
This position seems like it will be primarily bookkeeping. I've been a volunteer with the Education Dept for some time and with a relatively new director at the association, I've heard some grumbling about funds being inaccessible and some general confusion.When I dropped off my application in person, the association director asked me specifically about my knowledge of QuickBooks and budget management, and mentioned that she was considering the creation of a satellite position in which the employee would maintain account numbers from home.

Thank you again for your reply; it's greatly appreciated!

Dani Trynoski
630-430-9541