Mannequins are extremely complicated, I know we have posted links in the past that go into the details of how to choose and how to dress.  With men's clothing the arms are usually the hardest part since they have to be put in through long sleeves and do not always catch in the socket easily when sleeves lack room for movement.

There is not any one supplier that is perfect. Dorfman uses archival materials, but I personally do not like the shapes of them in regard to proper support and aesthetics in the gallery, I find commercial mannequins to be more stable and a better base for padding out and creating proper support. Costumes should always have a barrier between the mannequin and the costume, usually pantyhose are the best choice.

As far as painting goes, a good cured pain job is pretty easy to do, I like the dense foam rollers with a semi gloss paint, because the paint dries to a smooth, skinlike texture.