Katherine,

The Getty Center and The Getty Villa, being close to a major faultline as was demonstrated...ahem, this morning...use this technology for many of their large displays and statues. There are even exhibit panels & videos dedicated to explaining the integration of such structures into the exhibits. Look around on their websites a bit and I'm sure you can find something or even just send an e-mail requesting information. As a visitor, I was pleasantly surprised to see such details on exhibit design and collections management exhibited to the public.

I've included links to a few articles which turned up in a Google search for 'Getty Villa earthquake statue supports' :
http://cool.conservation-us.org/waac/wn/wn29/wn29-3/wn29-305.pdf

http://www.academia.edu/312854/Earthquake_Damage_Mitigation_for_Museum_Collections

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/40024586?uid=2&uid=4&sid=21103783786203

Good luck with your exploration!

Dani Trynoski
Seeking a position in museum education & outreach in the LA Metro Area & Inland Empire