Hello, list-serv,

I'm working towards my Graduate Certificate in Museum Studies at George
Washington University in Washington, DC.  We just read some interesting
articles for our class on Preservation and Conservation.  One in particular
was about some recent inventions for stabilizing statues.  A company had
developed a 3-tiered base system that would move with the ground vibrations
and serve to protect whatever statues were placed on them.

I'm fascinated by this.  My question is, once one develops something like
this, how would one submit funding for running a cost-benefit analysis to
test the new invention?  Would this be something that someone could submit
a grant for?

I'd be curious to know what people think.

Happy Spring!

Katherine Hoppe