Dear All,

My name is Trisha Smith and I am a Library Advancement Intern at the
Smithsonian Libraries.  I am currently working to help develop a
recognition program for donors who give books to our collections (gift in
kind donors). These donations help us to grow our collections without using
our own funds toward new acquisitions. We would like to establish a program
to acknowledge these donations in addition to the "thank you" note donors
receive.

I am interested in speaking with organizations that have established a
process for thanking book donors to their library.  Any information you
could provide about your best practices and how you recognize donors to
your collection would be helpful, either by email or by phone (I'm happy to
arrange a time to speak at your convenience).

I hope to collect and review my research and findings by early April, so
any input before then is most appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for your time and feedback as I brainstorm ideas for
the Libraries' book donation stewardship program.

Best,

Trisha Smith

Smithsonian Libraries Intern

LIS Student, Catholic University of America
Washington, DC