Please see below for an upcoming program at MoMA that may be of interest to
you.

If non-students want to come to more than one and it starts getting
expensive, please let me know and I would be delighted to see if I can get
you some comps. Space will go fast, so do be in touch if you have interest:

Link to reserve tix here: http://www.moma.org/visit/calendar/programs/62

I'd be very grateful if you'd forward this to friends and colleagues who
may want to go, and I am happy to try to extend discounts to
students/groups/classes where possible. We want people to come join in with
the debate. Having spoken a little to the debaters already, I know it's
going to be a really fantastic series.

All best, Michelle

DEBATE 1 <http://www.moma.org/visit/calendar/events/20587>
Moderated by Design and Violence co-curator Paola Antonelli, the first
debate centers upon *The Liberator*, the world's first 3-D printed gun. The
gun's designer *Cody Wilson* and author and journalist *Rob Walker*, (*Yahoo
Tech, The New York Times, Design Observer, Slate*) will deliver debate
motions, after which will follow a discussion focused on open-source
design, the limits of gun laws and rights, and our assumptions about the
ethics of design.

DEBATE 2 <http://www.moma.org/visit/calendar/events/20610>
The second debate focuses on the *Menstruation Machine* (2010), designed by
Sputniko! (aka Hiromi Ozaki) to allow its wearer to experience the pain and
tribulation of menstruation, regardless of his or her age or gender. *Chris
Bobel* (author, *New Blood: Third-wave Feminism and the Politics of
Menstruation*) and *Mickey Boardman *, (Editorial Director, *Paper* magazine)
will deliver debate motions, moderated by Jamer Hunt.

DEBATE 3 <http://www.moma.org/visit/calendar/events/20611>
The third debate will center upon *Temple Grandin's "serpentine ramp," *a
slaughterhouse design modification that attempts stress reduction and a
more humane death for animals. *Professor Gary L. Francione* (Distinguished
Professor of Law, Rutgers, and author, *Eat Like You Care: An Examination
of the Morality of Eating Animals*) and *Nicola Twilley* (editor/author of
Edible Geography.com, co-founder of the Foodprint Project, and director of
Studio-X NYC) will deliver debate motions, moderated by Design and Violence
co-curator Paola Antonelli.

*Design and Violence* <http://designandviolence.moma.org/> is an ongoing
online curatorial experiment that explores the manifestations of violence
in contemporary society by pairing critical thinkers with examples of
challenging design work. Contributors' weekly essays have been published
since November 2013, creating a body of opinion and a set of case studies
that spark discussion and bring the ambiguous relationship between design
and violence to center stage for designers and the people they serve--all of
us.

*Design and Violence* is organized by Paola Antonelli, Senior Curator,
Department of Architecture and Design, MoMA; Jamer Hunt, Director, graduate
program in Transdisciplinary Design, Parsons The New School for Design; and
Michelle Millar Fisher, Exhibition Coordinator, Department of Architecture
and Design, MoMA.

--
Michelle Millar Fisher
Exhibition Coordinator, Architecture + Design