Ride Into History has done programming all over the country and they have done some very innovative programming with museums.  They will work with you to provide training and information that meets your needs.

A proud board member

Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 16:36:18 -0600
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] First Person Interpretation Inquiry
To: [log in to unmask]

You didn't say where you were located but Ride Into History is a group in Kansas that has developed the 1st Person Interpretation touring group from the Kansas Arts and does training sessions on developing 1st Person Re-enactments.
They are very good - I've attended their programming and their classes and they are spot on what you need to know to develop a quality character - you supply the research and they help you put it together.

http://www.rideintohistory.com/

is their contact information on the website
Chris Taylor
Executive Director
Atchison County Historical Society
P.O. Box 201
200 S. 10th Street, Santa Fe Depot
Atchison, KS 66002
913-367-6238
www.atchisonhistory.org
Mike Reuter wrote:
[log in to unmask]">Hi all-

Would anyone be able to message me off list to help provide me with the following info? Our museum is embarking on developing a thematic historic house tour and we want to present it in the first person. Please email me at [log in to unmask]

1. Cost per hour of first person interpreters?
2. Any training programs available for first person interpretation? Cost of training?

Thanks!

Mike Reuter
Rock County Historical Society

--
Michael Reuter - Executive Director, Rock County Historical Society