A few years ago I worked at an archives with a rather relaxed atmosphere.
Even so I was somewhat shocked when the boss allowed a student intern to
bring her brand new puppy to work with her for the first week or two that
he had come home. She only worked three days a week and brought the puppy
to work with her maybe four times over a three week period. The puppy
stayed in the designated office spaces and while the collections were not
really affected, it did make the day somewhat difficult. The puppy required
walks,bathroom breaks, and water and made noise when it didn't get want he
wanted - creating a bit more of a distraction then one is used to having at
work. So a thought you may want to consider is how much training has the
puppy had so far? Will the intern be focused on the project at hand or
puppy training? Have the intern bring the puppy in for a special training
day or two other then that it stays away.

Aly Mazzone

--

Alyson K. Mazzone

*One ship drives east and the other drives west while the self same breezes
blow. *
*Tis the set of the sails and not the gales That determines the way they
go. *
*Like the birds of the air are the ways of fate. As we journey along
through life. *
*Tis the set of the soul that determines the goal. And not the storm and
the strife.*
*~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox*