I second David's vote for using Google Docs to do OCR on scanned documents. We had a summer intern start uploading typewritten student Foxfire oral history reports in our collection. It just took a quick proof to correct small errors, and it worked beautifully -- for free. And you can also add images. For those interested, here's how we introduced our reports, followed by an example:

http://hatfieldhistory.weebly.com/hatfield-stories.html

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F_J05Ni7M-yZMj9gwsBqPIPeA3OYYk-qacWc-Pu4_Wo/edit

best,
--Kathie