I know this topic has come up before, but I couldn't figure out how to search for it in the archives.

How has your museum decided to handle the problem of loans where the lender does not provide an insurance value? Malaro suggests that the museum can set a value (and specify that this is not an appraisal); is that what you do?

Have you found a way to persuade owners to provide this information?

I'll be interested in your reponses!

Janis Wilkens
Registrar
Levine Museum of the New South
200 E. Seventh St.
Charlotte NC 28202-2508
704.333.1887 x 257  |   fax 704.333.1896
www.museumofthenewsouth.org/
Office hours: Tuesdays 10:00-6:00; Wednesdays 10:00-4:00; Thursdays 12:00-6:00; other times by appointment