Greetings!
My name is Michael Waas. I am writing on behalf of the International Conservation Center - Cittą di Roma, located in the city of Old Acre, Israel. We are Israel's premier Institute of Technical Conservation and Historic Preservation, specializing in built heritage. Each semester, we run a 5-month intensive career development training internship called Saving the Stones. As a Masa Israel Journey program, eligible participants may qualify for grants to help offset the cost of the program. On top of theoretical lessons taught in the initial month of the program, the emphasis is placed on service learning, enabling our students to become a part of numerous conservation teams working on sites around the country, in places like Caesarea, Beit She'an, Jerusalem, and in our home of Old Acre.

With our focus on practical application and regular interaction with the top professionals in conservation in Israel, Saving the Stones offers a truly immersive experience in cultural heritage while learning and implementing conservation and preservation in one of the world's most fascinating places.

We are currently accepting applications for our Fall semester which runs from August 25, 2014 through January 22, 2015.  We would be very appreciative if you could please circulate this message to current students, alumni, and anyone else who has a passion for cultural heritage and its preservation. Attached you will find a PDF of information about the Center and Saving the Stones and a flyer for you to post on your bulletin board.

Please feel free to contact myself or [log in to unmask] with any questions!

--
Michael Waas
Assistant

Old Acre, Israel