Agreed. One of the first things I look at after a job title is the location.

Rebecca

From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Meg Justus
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 8:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Tour Guide Position at the Living Computer Museum

Something you might consider in future postings like this is to put your location front and center.  I live in the Seattle area so I know what Vulcan is.  But most people outside the area would have no idea, and this might deter good candidates from clicking on your link.

You might also want to put the pay rate in the advertisement itself.

Just a thought.

Meg Justus

independent curator who thinks the job looks interesting, but isn’t looking for employment

Hello Museum-Lers-

My name is Aaron Peplowski, Museum Associate at the Living Computer Museum, and I have been following you all for a few years now, but never posted. I’m also part of the online Museum Studies group at George Washington University, so hello to anyone else from the program! Anyway, we’re having a heck of a time finding outstanding candidates for the position of Tour Guide here at LCM. In the position, you’d be asked not only to do tours, but take on a number of important other duties, like working with the collection, outreach, and content creation. So, we’re hoping to find a talented individual with a strong work ethic that would like to be involved in a very young and rapidly expanding museum. Hard workers will have a number of advancement opportunities, so consider this to be a way in if you want to work in a museum. Follow this link for more details, http://www.vulcan.com/About/Job-Listings?jvi=oxOoYfwr,Job

We encourage anyone interested to apply! Also, spread the word to any great docent or intern to apply , as well.

Keep up the good work, all!

Aaron Peplowski

Museum Associate

Vulcan Inc.