POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF PLANNING
MARYLAND HISTORICAL TRUST

Jefferson Patterson Park & Museum

Jefferson Patterson Park & Museum (JPPM), an agency of the Maryland Department of Planning, hosts thousands of visitors each year to showcase the historic buildings and park grounds located on site through educational programs, guided tours and local events. Through the help of our committed staff and volunteers, we strive to ensure that each JPPM visitor has a greater appreciation for all the history Maryland has to offer.

We are currently seeking a part-time Volunteer Coordinator (32 hour per week) to recruit and supervise our community of volunteers that dedicate their free time to assist with various activities throughout the year. Successful candidates must be available to work weekends and have a valid driver’s license. This position requires excellent communication skills in order to interact with diverse groups and individuals. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and good organizational skills are essential.

This Maryland State Government position is a Grade 8 (Hourly rate: $12.34) and is a position located in St. Leonard, Maryland. Because this is a part-time contractual position, no benefits are available.

CLOSING DATE: February 19, 2014

TO APPLY: To view the full job description and apply online, please visit our website at http://www.jobaps.com/MD/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=14&R2=999999&R3=121

AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER

--

Kimberley Popetz
Director of Education

Jefferson Patterson Park and Museum connects people to the past through history and archaeology and supports the preservation of Maryland's cultural resources.