I know that in college my fraternity had the incoming members scan all the old scrapbooks into our computer incade anything bad happened to them we would still have a copy of it. And to keep the images and things still as a scrapbook she could probably use something like mixbook or shutterfly to make a new one with the same images. Hope that helps!
-Teresita