Hi,

Depending on where you are located, there are regional organizations that often sponsor (paid or unpaid) workshops on grant-writing.  In the mid-Atlantic area, the Conservation Center for Art & Historic Artifacts (CCAHA) has a workshop in which you brainstorm a (fictional or potential) grant.  There is also the Foundation Center (foundationcenter.org) that has massive amounts of information regarding funders, funding and grant-seeking.  There is a webinar this afternoon (2 pm ET, I think) about managing grant proposal budgets – free.  I’m copying the link below.

http://grantspace.org/Classroom/training-calendar/online/proposal-budgeting-basics-2014-01-28-webinar

Check with your regional heritage organization (NEDCC, CCAHA, etc.) and see what they have available.  It’s always good to add to your skill set!

Greg

Gregory A. Jackson, CA

Archivist

Bryn Athyn Historic Landmark District