Hi Cindy,

You can simply wipe the mold off with a soft cloth or brush.  If you are sensitive to mold, you might want to use a respirator or have a small vacuum handy.  More importantly, you should determine the cause of the mold outbreak (heat and moisture from the window, possibly) and try to mitigate it.  If it looks as if the mold has  done some damage to the wood that needs repair, contact a conservator.  Below is a link to the Smithsonian’s Museum Conservation Institute technical bulletin on furniture and wooden objects if you want more information.

http://www.si.edu/mci/english/learn_more/taking_care/biodetwood.html

Good luck,

Greg

Gregory A. Jackson, CA