Tara,

We recently used grant funding from the NEH to replace our old "hockey puck" HOBOs with Onset's new UX100-011 models.  I debated between on-line and standalone models as well, but after attending some webinars, I decided that wireless wouldn't work for us.  I would suggest the following resources as you try to make that determination for your own institution:

Wireless Dataloggers (Connecting to Collections Webinar):  http://www.connectingtocollections.org/online-event-wireless-dataloggers/

Choosing the Datalogger That Is Right For You (Connecting to Collections Webinar):
http://www.connectingtocollections.org/recording-community-webinar-choosing-the-datalogger-that-is-right-for-you/
Are Wireless Dataloggers Right For You? (Onset discussion):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHHWLVHX1tk&list=PL7E746482F92753C5

Hope this helps!

~Liz Thrond
Collections Assistant
Center for Western Studies

>>> Tara Backhouse <[log in to unmask]> 1/23/2014 2:55 PM >>>

Hello everyone,

I’m looking into replacing our dataloggers because several have gone out of calibration tolerance in the last year.  What we have now are Onset HOBO dataloggers for temperature/relative humidity.  I did a little research and I find that our exact models are no longer available, and there are a number of models available now.  but I have no idea which ones to get.  I don’t know whether to get ones with internal or external sensors or both, or ones that are web-based or stand-alone.  We currently use Boxcar Pro 4.3, and  I think it might be wise to stick with something that works with that software, but I’ve had trouble figuring out the best one to get.  Does anyone with expertise in this area have an opinion?  Or can anyone recommend a different favorite type of datalogger?  I’d appreciate your help, and feel free to contact me by the email address below.

Thank you!

Tara Backhouse

Collections Manager, Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum

Office# 863-902-1113 ext. 12246

Fax#: 863-983-7064

Visit our website at:www.ahtahthiki.com

Become a member at: [log in to unmask]