I was contacted by this "company" several years ago and reached out to my thesis adviser (who also told me another student of hers was approached) about it.  She suggested I ask them about a copy of a contract to look over and this was the response I received:

"You are the most welcome and my pleasure to interact with you once again.
Due to the Academic Semester, I understand you have not been able to concentrate on the submission of your manuscript.  You may do so when you are much eligible to do it and we agree by your terms.
The contract between you and the publisher is solely based on your approval to publish your work with us.  Since also our communication is email, thus we do not have any paper contract, but the mutual consent between you and the publisher is the contract itself.  However we will produce you documents that proves you have published your research work with us.
Once you become a LAP author, you will understand more about it.
Thank you for your kind cooperation.
Kind Regards,
Natraj Seetaram
Natraj Seetaram
Acquisition Editor
LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH&   Co. KG
Heinrich-Böcking-Str. 6-8
66121, Saarbrücken, Germany

Fon +49 681 3720-310
Fax +49 681 3720-3109

[log in to unmask]  /www.lap-publishing.com

Handelsregister Amtsgericht Saarbrücken HRA 10752
General unlimited partner: VDM Management GmbH
Managing directors: Thorsten Ohm (CEO), Dr. Wolfgang Philipp Müller, Esther von Krosigk"

With this response I concluded this was a shady deal.  Surely, if this was legitimate, there would be no issue with producing a contract.  My adviser agreed and I declined the offer.   Hope this helps!

Best,

Anna
--
Anna Cannizzo