****  Deadline  for MPMA SESSION PROPOSALS ****

   January 31 (EEK: that’s this Friday)

Check out MPMA’s web:  www.mpma.net   for a proposal form

MPMA’s 2014 Conference

Join MPMA in the Colorado Mountains this fall

Snowmass/Aspen, Colorado ---- September 28-October 2, 2014

********  Theme:  innovation @ elevation -------a museum summit  ******

Check MPMA’s web site for suggestions on topics and guidelines for a successful session / workshop.  http://www.mpma.net/

Look at the web site for topic suggestions –categories of topics and a boatload of session topics are provided.  Guidelines provide suggestions for different session formats. You can also request a proposal form by responding to this email or  by contacting MPMA at the information below.  Also, ask MPMA for help with your session proposal:  [log in to unmask]

 We are looking for presenters on these topics:

a.       Museum stores

b.       Museum closings or museums on the edge: how are you doing?

c.        Tips for the current economy.

d.       Digitization:

e.        Objects: ceramics, toys, glass, or whatever is in your collection

f.       Creativity in the classroom /connecting with classrooms

g.       Marketing in the 21st century/social networking

h.       Board development:  challenges, orientation, boredom, terms

i.         Rentals:  your museum, your traveling exhibit

j.         Historic House Museums:  challenges

k.        Preparing for a public hearing on your site

l.         Scaling back that costly building plan

m.      Grant tips or finding funding from unlikely sources

n.    Volunteers: training, manuals, nurturing, to criticize or not

o.    University museums: admin woes, selling objects, updating exhibits

p.    Exhibit design on a small budget

Q.  Tech on a low budget  or Tech that you gotta have

If you would like to address any of the above topics, let us know and we'll work with you.  Contact us at [log in to unmask]

Need HELP???  If you are struggling to find panelists, go ahead and submit anyway.

On the proposal form, tell us what the hold up is.  We'll help you.

If you are unsure about your topic, submit anyway.

We'll help you  finalize it.

MPMA: A Ten-state museum network
MPMA is the professional service provider to museums in ten states: Colorado, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas and Wyoming.

Mountain-Plains Museums Association
7110 West David Drive
Littleton, Colorado 80128-5404

303-979-9358 /  http://www.mpma.net/