Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 13:14:36 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Technology disposal
To: [log in to unmask]

I need a little help from the list. I'm at a small historic preservation
nonprofit and we've had some trouble with technology so I've been upgrading
computers and copiers. What do you all do with your old equipment?

I have a computer (tower, monitor, speakers, keyboard) and a copier/printer
that no longer works, but what should I do with them? Everything you read
is not to throw them out because of the chemicals, but we don't have the
budget to pay a business to recycle them. If they worked I'd take them to
another nonprofit that could use them or does refurbishing, but it's all
broken equipment.

Any suggestions? We're located in Washington, DC and anything I do with
them essentially involves carrying them by hand, which is difficult with
the weight of the copier (we have no hand-truck).

Thanks for your help.
Judith

Judith Andrews
Administrative Coordinator