During a recent conversation with my colleagues regarding the many benefits of Museum-L, a few small thoughts about future posts came up.

1.       Please spell out acronyms.  We all use them, we all love them, and as a result we forget that people outside of our immediate network may not know what our beloved acronym represents.  Avid use of acronyms can also feel exclusive (i.e. if you don't know what it is, you are not worthy of its association).  Furthermore, keep in mind that some acronyms, when unfamiliar, can appear a tad uncouth.  I wouldn't go to the "Viewpoints of Museums in Transition" seminar if it was only presented with an acronym, and I bet you wouldn't either.
2.       If posting a job/internship/class offering/workshop/annual meeting announcement, please mention its geographic location somewhere near the beginning of the posting.  It's quite disappointing when one reads through an entire post that sounds like a wonderful opportunity, only to find out that they would have to purchase a very expensive flight, uproot across the country, etc.  As important or valuable as the experience may be, it may not be possible to accomplish depending on financial/family/health circumstances, to participate in said wondrous opportunity. Museum-L is worldwide after all, so it's nice to know whether a job/internship/class offering/workshop/annual meeting is in Australia or Arizona.

Thanks for reading and Happy Holidays!

                    ____
               _|___|_
                (' < ')

Stephanie Gilmore
Anthropology Registrar
University of Colorado Museum of Natural History