Hello Colleagues--

Many of you, no matter where you are in the world, may have been watching the protests known as Euromaidan in Ukraine, where hundreds of thousands are demonstrating for a more democratic, less corrupt government.  But what does this have to do with museums?  I thought colleagues everywhere might be interested in my interview with Ihor Poshyvailo, deputy director of the Ivan Honchar Museum in Kyiv.  He shares the museum's reasons for issuing a statement in support of the protestors, the shift of their programming to the protest square, and his hopes for the future, when, as he says,
"our history museums will include in their exhibits the events of these days, and we will remember with great appreciation students who firstly sparked this revolution which helped us first to change ourselves, to feel us as one strong nation..."

To read the full post on the Uncataloged Museum,  click here.

Best,
Linda
--
lindabnorris.com
607-829-3501     Treadwell, NY  13846

New from Left Coast Press  Creativity in Museum Practice
Like museums?  Check out the Uncataloged Museum
Like food?  Take a look at the Pickle Project