Hello Colleagues--

Many of you, no matter where you are in the world, may have been watching
the protests known as Euromaidan in Ukraine, where hundreds of thousands
are demonstrating for a more democratic, less corrupt government.  But what
does this have to do with museums?  I thought colleagues everywhere might
be interested in my interview with Ihor Poshyvailo, deputy director of the
Ivan Honchar Museum in Kyiv.  He shares the museum's reasons for issuing a
statement in support of the protestors, the shift of their programming to
the protest square, and his hopes for the future, when, as he says,

> "our history museums will include in their exhibits the events of these
> days, and we will remember with great appreciation students who firstly
> sparked this revolution which helped us first to change ourselves, to feel
> us as one strong nation..."

To read the full post on the Uncataloged Museum,  click
here.<http://uncatalogedmuseum.blogspot.com/2013/12/our-history-museums-will-include-events.html>

Best,
Linda
--
lindabnorris.com
607-829-3501     Treadwell, NY  13846

New from Left Coast Press  Creativity in Museum
Practice<http://www.lcoastpress.com/book.php?id=474>
Like museums?  Check out the Uncataloged Museum
<http://uncatalogedmuseum.blogspot.com>
Like food?  Take a look at the Pickle Project<http://pickleproject.blogspot.com>