We are putting together a hands on display to demonstrate sonar.  It uses a water filled  glass tank in which will hang a couple of transducers, a servo, gears, wires etc.  Visitors will operate the apparatus via a controller outside the tank.  Visitors can move a model sub while pinging it from a stationary sub.   The lid of the tank will not be sealed to allow the mechanism to operate.     Any thoughts on how to keep the water clean?  I figure it will have to be pull it apart periodically but it would nice to keep maintenance to a minimum.  Feel free to contact me off list.

Michael Aurele Simons
Director
National Electronics Museum
1745 West Nursery Road