I think you are on the right track. Discounts in the shop and on workshops (however small) is a benefit worth highlighting. Do you send out mailings? Even if  the newspaper is available for the public on the website, some people still prefer a hard copy of any mailings, and will pay for that perk. Besides workshops, do you plan on offering any other classes or sponsor events? Even if those events are free and open to the public, there still may be way to build in some additional member benefits. At my previous museum members at a certain level or above also received a printed copy of a photo taken from our archives, which people seemed to like -- although  be wary of offering too many benefits of this sorts at the lower levels, as if you're not careful the associated costs will eat up the membership dues. At my current work (which has no admission fee) members at higher levels are also invited to attend special off-site tours and events. Since your own exhibits won't be changing much, you may find it helpful to focus on some of the off-site offerings as your chief way of keeping members active and engaged, as well as perhaps specialized behind-the-scenes tours of your collections or your exhibits; even if the space doesn't change much, you could still offer periodic themed member-only (or member-discounted) tours focusing on certain aspects of the collection. As you're thinking this through, I would make sure to build in some tiered membership levels and plan for growth. You could also investigate some of the various museum reciprocity programs out there as well. Good luck!

Cedar Phillips
Office Manager

Textile
Center